Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hello I'm going to talk about the cow's eye

Hello again! Last night I was teasing you with a little preview ( not really ) just telling you about the awesome thing that happened. I found a lot of mistakes in the text but I'm very sorry. Ok so I'll tell you what happened. Oh and I presented my speech on Monday ( just the Monday gone as it is Friday today ) I was the only one with a prop, no Q cards and doing a speech on having to do speeches while growing up. ANYWAY..I will start talking about the disection now.

The science teacher ( Ms Blount ) showed us how to do the disection by doing it herself. She showed us most of the parts of the eye. Ok so THINK of a cow. Think of how it would hurt having your eye out. Yeah, it would hurt. SO , if this was a PERSON or a LIVING cow you would have to do the disection CAREFULLY. And we had to do a disection of a DEAD cow's eye. Ok so first she said to take out the mussel and the stuff that is squeshy...( it looked and felt like GUTS! ) but DON'T worry we had gloves on. So we had to poke around this mussel and take it off. After that we had to look at the sclera ( the transparent part in front of the eye except it wasn't transparent because it was an old cow's eye so it was cloudy. She ( the teacher ) said that if you were fishing and you got a fish and it was dead ( or you were buying fish from the shop ) the eyes would be cloudy but if it would be fresh then the eyes wouldn't be cloudy. Ok so, after you take the sclera you come to cutting it off and then you come to two parts of the eye ( sounds boring and complicated I know ). After that we take a look at the pupil and the iris. Also we take a look at the Retina ( back of the eye ) and talk about how you see the image backwards in your eye and your brain converts it ( turns it upside down ) to make it go straight ( otherwise we would see EVERYTHING upside down! ) So the brain does that SO FAST! - It's SO amazing!! Okay, so after that a whole lot of black liquid comes out and we look at the lens and the jelly stuff ( forgot the name but it's A LOT like JELLY no kidding! )


Okay, so I think I've told you enough but it really gets me interested. Did you know some girl from another class FAINTED because she thought it was SO DISGUSTING!! Woah! Anyway Hannah ( not from our r22 class last year ) felt faint and didn't particapate she just read her book ( my english teacher wouldv'e been happy coz' she's reading! ) )

TOO MUCH BRACKETS!! ( SORRY ) LOL


Thank you for reading my blog post I hope you enjoyed and tell me something gross that happened to you - ( maybe in class )


Thanks :)


>!@#$%^&*() Torz )(*&^%$#@!>

BTW - I will tell you later how our trip to Tauranga went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment