Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do you have a favourite subject? Well I do and it is English. I had to write a description of the sea the other day. It might give you some ideas of some ways to describe things. I hope you enjoy! Imagine this..picture it in your mind...

The sound of waves overtaking the sand as it gradually makes its way through. The feeling of the soft, warm sand as it grips on in between my toes as I walk slowly. I suddenly hear the squawking of seagulls as they try to get away from chasing kids screaming and laughing. As I step in I feel cold but warm tingly water around my ankles but little did I know, that I had stepped on millions of shells different shapes and different colours all different sizes.

I overlook the glistening blue sea as the sun shines down on it...I suddenly realise that its not just the sea its approached...its me too! I could feel it burning hard as I splashed around pretending to be an eight year old.

I had remembered that I had bought something long and pointish at the top. ( I don't even think pointish is a word! ) So I quickly ran out of the water feeling the water going down, down and down. When I reached the lovely sand I grabbed my white, yellow, black and pink surfboard out of it's bag. I had it at my side and ran for the sea feeling the water going past my ankles...past my knees...and just past my thigh. I quickly saw a great wave coming up so I ran for it and as soon as I knew it I was riding the wave! I had really cought it! It was like the ride of my life hearing the waves crashing just above my head as it formed a mystical tunnel...filled with magical fish with rainbow coloured scales. As I came out of this mystical, magical tunnel I felt the dash of sea salt hit me with its greatest desires and then thought really the sea is beautiful..no really!


As I finish the surf I rushed out and put it back in it's special bag and went back out to sea..as I head in I sea rubbish in between rocks and around and as I moved every muscle the wind took it through it's amazing, tremendous journey across the sky back into the ocean and the back out again and across plenty of rocks and on land just above the sand and I thought wow the sea is very peaceful, fun and very very mystical. You never know whats going to come next..maybe even a tsunami! Who knows!! :)







Thanks for reading my tremendous descriptive writing I hope you enjoyed and that it could maybe help in some way!

Thanks again your very lucky to have Miss Cheeseman for a teacher! ( I miss everyone! )

~** Torz **~

p.s My english teacher is awesome! - having lots of fun! :)

2 comments:

  1. We miss you too Torz!
    Love love LOVED this piece of writing - I almost felt like I was actually there! You can almost smell the sea!
    Fabulous descriptions mate - keep up the rocking good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Cheeseman :) If I could get any other chance to go back to primary for a week I would! When we had a brainstorm at school for the waves description I said the " sound of waves crashing over the sand " everyone looked at me! It was like I was a crazy person for saying that. My brother says If you have a great idea and people look at you weird it means that they would never be able to think that up. My brains on fire...ahhhhh!!!

    Thanks! U ROCK!!


    lov from





    ME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete